Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ways You SHOULDN'T Monetize Your Blog

Here are some annoying monetizing methods I came across and shook my head to.

1:Too many advertisements

This can be a costly mistake for a couple of reasons.First and foremost Google and other search engines have policy's on what they consider Paid Links.To search engines your ads may fall in the paid Links category and search engines can penalize you.Secondly,having too many ads gives a bad impression to readers it gives the blog a spammy feel.
Here is a link to Googles policy on Paid Links
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66736

2:Pop up ads

To me nothing is more annoying than something popping up on my screen that I didn't click on.If I am going to click on an add ill do it on my own accord.If I have to jump through hoops to get to your content im not going to even bother,more than likely ill be getting my information or purchase through a competitor without those irritating pop ups.

3:Slow Page-load

Another pet peeve of mine when surfing the web are slow loading websites and blogs.why should I have to sit and wait for your page to load when I can go elsewhere?If your page doesn't load in a second or two because your site is packed with elaborate slow loading ads,I'm getting the heck outta there.Its fundamental SEO to make sure your page loads within a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment