Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Things to be kept in Mind in Adsense

To live good with Adsense, there are 6 things that we need to give attention.

1) Read, Understand and Familiar with Adsense Program Policies
This is what I never do before my account being disabled. When signing up the Adsense account, I just simply skipped this part. Most probably you did the same as what I did. Actually, we need to read through the policies to ensure that we will not violate any of the policies while applying the Adsense code in all of our sites. We would violate the policies although not meaning to do that if we are not familiar with it.

2) Don’t Tell Others about Our Adsense Account
I think everyone knows that clicking on Google Ads on our own or ask others to do so are strictly prohibited. However, if we tell others about our Adsense account especially our family members and our closest friends, even though we never ask, they might click the ads thinking that they are helping us. On the other hand, some people might purposely click the ads repeatedly so that our account will be disabled. Both circumstances will cause us in trouble and our Adsense account will be disabled because of involving in fraud activity.

3) Be Cautious When Using Google Brand Features
According to Adsense Program Policies, we should not mimic any Google pages in our site. Furthermore, we should not use any Google Brand Features like Google trademarks, logos, webpages or screen shots, without prior permission from Google authority. We should respect Google Brand Features. I have used a favicon that mimicking the Google logos before this. It might be one of the reasons why my account was disabled.

4) Drive Constant Unique Visitors to Our Site
We need to drive constant unique visitors to our site so that Adsense can work well for us. It would be a problem if only the same person from the same IP visits our site each day clicking on the ads. This will become one of the fraud activities that can cause our account disabled by Adsense. I will advise you do not to apply the Adsense code in your website if you do not have more than 100 unique visitors each day.

5) Don’t Overdo On Page Search Engine Optimization
In order to be ranked higher in search engine, I have tried to put many keywords in the content although irrelevant. This is prohibited by Adsense too. Therefore, we should not overdo the on page search engine optimization like placing excessive, repetitive or irrelevant keywords in the content of code of webpages.

6) Don’t Use “Google” in Our Domain
Sometimes, we might expect to get some benefits for using the “Google” word in our domain. However, using the “Google” in domain is prohibited too. We might get banned by Google. My previous domain is treatgoogle.com. There is a “Google” in my domain. I suspected it might be one of the reasons why my Adsense account was disabled.

Summing up, I still believe that Google Adsense is not a scam. If we wish to get benefits from this top CPC program, we need to strictly follow the program policies. I hope that the six things above that I have learnt can help you to live well with Adsense in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment